- Victim Witness
The Fayette County Victim Witness Division of the Prosecutor's Office has the responsibility to aid and assist victims of crime in overcoming the adverse effects of their victimization from cases originating in Common Pleas, Juvenile, and Municipal Courts. The Fayette County Victim Witness Division provides Court Advocacy in all Fayette County Courts, Assistance in filing and information about Protection Orders, Notification on all Court cases, County Crisis Response available through law enforcement or the area hospital, Emergency Assistance, Assistance in filing for Victim's of Crime Compensation, and other services.
Victim & Witness Assistance
This office is committed to providing any assistance to the victims and witnesses of crimes in Fayette County. The cooperation of the victim or witness is most important to the successful prosecution in a criminal case.
The Victim Witness Division is here to help you and will make every effort to ensure that victims and witnesses receive prompt notification of scheduled changes that involve their cases.
- Provide more consideration and personal attention to victims and witnesses.
- Sensitize criminal justice professionals, the media, and the community to the needs of victims of crime.
- Assure that victims and witnesses are informed of the progress of the case in which they are involved.
- Advocate for victims and their families by connecting them with local resources that will aid them in their recovery process.
- Provide an advocate to all victims at all stages of the criminal justice process.
- Provide information and advocacy during post-sentencing hearings.
- Petition for and provide advocacy during Civil Protection Orders.
- Assist victims with applying for Victims of Crime Compensation.
- Assist victims with Victim Notification and VINE.