MEMBER AT LARGE
1. Honorably discharged veteran, spouse, dependent children and surviving widows.
2. Resident of Ohio for one year and Fayette County for three months immediately preceding the application.
3. Financial disclosure and other proofs as required.
Any Honorably discharged veteran, spouse, widow or dependent children may be served with respect to:
Mortgage/Rent (to avoid eviction), Utilities (to avoid disconnection), Transportation for medical treatment and Food Assistance. The Veterans Service Center represents and assists veterans, spouses, dependent children and surviving widows when they apply to the VA for benefits for which they may be entitled.
Any Honorably discharged veteran (as defined by VA rules), spouse, widow or dependent children may be served by this office:
- 1. V.A. claims assistance (for service connected Disability or non-service connected pension)
- 2. Medical benefits
- 3. Certificate of Eligibility for VA loan application.
- 4. Ohio Veteran Bonus
- 5. Help with forms, letters or communications with the V.A.
- 6. Military Injury Relief Fund (MIRF)
- 7. Grave markers/flag holders
- 8. E.V.R. preparation
- 9. Notary Public Services
- This office will copy your veterans related documents, provide secretarial help with your V.A. communication, assist an unemployed veteran with job search and maintain a file of your important documents.
Funding for Center
We are a Fayette County Agency, with funding from County taxes under entitlement in Ohio Law. This law states at up to .5 mills may be collected for veterans service. (ORC 5901).
We are not directed or supported by any agency of the Federal or State Government.
Please understand that any assistance application or income disclosure will be held in total confidence as far as the law allows.
Veterans Service Commission does not view the granting of emergency assistance as welfare. Rather it is seen as earned benefit due Fayette County veterans who qualify.
Home Visits: If you are elderly or infirm and need services, please do not hesitate to call our office. A home visit from our Service Officer may be arranged. Our office hone number is (740) 335-1610.
Our Pledge: Our solemn pledge is to serve our fellow veterans while according them the highest respect and dignity.
Helpful Phone Numbers
|VA Insurance Center||1-800-669-8477|
|Outpatient Clinic Columbus, Ohio||1-888-615-9448|
|Adjutant General Veterans||614-466-5453|